Saturday 17 February 2018

Less is More Challenge #365

Good morning, crafters!

At Less is More we're continuing with our 7th Birthday celebrations this month and I'm back to tell you about the challenge for the next two weeks.

Once again we have Chrissie, Jen, Esther and Sarah joining in the birthday fun so please do visit their blogs following the links over on the main challenge blog, I'm sure they would love for you to say hi.

We have a technique for this next challenge which is...


As always, our challenges are looking for CAS (clean and simple) projects so please ensure you check out the challenge guidelines over on the main post.

We are also offering up a few prizes this month and these details can also be found over at Less is More.

For this two week challenge our wonderful sponsor is Seven Hills Crafts and we also have the lovely Tara joining in as Guest Designer.


Ok, onto my cards, and I have two for you this week.  Here's the first...


I had my first go at partial embossing for this one.  I had a few failed attempts that hit the bin, as I couldn't get my Big Shot sandwich right, and although this one isn't perfect I don't think with this design it needs to be.  You can find a link to a video I found from a few years ago by Kristina Werner, here, where she uses DIY embossing diffusers to emboss just part of a panel.  That's what I did here using a stack of die cut circles, although not very circular is it!  The photo below is a little clearer...


I adhered the panel to the card base on fun foam and die cut the flower from some cardstock I'd blended with Distress Inks and added a sentiment embossed in white onto a black strip.

Materials used:

  • Embossing Folder: Sizzix - Basket Weave
  • Die: Wild Rose Studio - Dancing Poppies
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet; VersaMark
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Message Me
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #279 - CAS
CAS on Friday - Challenge #126 - Dies
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Die Cut




I knew which embossing folder I wanted to use for my second card as it creates a scene whilst also leaving an area of white space, and this also created another Christmas card for my 2018 box!



This embossing folder was free with a magazine a while ago.  I decided to pair it up with a Christmas stamp set I didn't get around to using last Christmas.  I embossed a panel of cardstock slightly smaller than the card base using the woodland folder and stamped the musical notes on it before adhering to the base on 3D foam.  I then stamped, coloured and die cut the birds before adhering them on the tree branches.  A white embossed sentiment on a red strip finished the card.

Materials used:

  • Embossing Folder: Unknown brand - free with magazine
  • Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Winter Sparrows (and co-ordinating dies)
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; VersaMark
  • Coloured with ProMarkers
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White

Challenge entries:

Happy Little Stampers - February Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes (not using optional twist)




Thanks so much for stopping by.  There is lots to see over at LIM, my teamies have created some beauties for you.  And don't forget you have two weeks to play along, so plenty of time to link up.

15 comments:

  1. Look at you getting ahead of yourself with a Christmas card in February! Well jealous! Love that gorgeous little scene and another lucky find on a magazine too. I thrilled to see another diffuser idea from the team and that's a technique I need to try! Bold and beautiful floral display against all that white space. Have a fabulous weekend teamie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not at all stressed that you're already started on next Christmas while I seem to be about a month behind where we actually are. Nope, not at all. *bites nails* :D Love these cards. Your ink blending on the first one is gorgeous. Pinks and purples look so fab! And the tweeting birds are so cute! Thanks for the inspiration :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as always, Anita ! I love your partial embossing (and thanks for the video to remind me the sandwich to use !), it's the perfect background for your gorgeous bright and crispy flowers. It beautifully showcase how dry embossing can be used in a CAS way ! Your second card is so cute with these two adorable birdies ! A beautiful freebie you have here. Wishing you a fabulous weekend ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that partial embossing, Anita - I keep meaning to give it a go and you have certainly showed that it pays off! The vibrant flowers really pop against the white space. Your Christmas card is so sweet and that embossing folder is fab. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are terrific, Neets! I love dry embossing and have fooled around a little with partial embossing, so now I'm motivated to try more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are beautiful. Love the bright colors you used for the flowers...and your little birds are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say 'partial embossing' threw me a little, Anita, but you've shown me how lovely it looks behind those gorgeously inked flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As superb as ever Anita, your style is flawless!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards Anita! The partial embossing looks fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! That partially embossed card is so gorgeous Anita! I have some diffusers and have never managed to get this technique right yet. The subtle bricks are a perfect backdrop for those super blooms (adore that colour combo!!). The sweet Christmas card is just fab too! You definitely have a jump on me this year with the Xmas card makes. Sorry for the late visit - it's chaos here getting the house ready to sell. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little singing birds are so cute, Anita. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Christmas card. I like embossed trees and colorful birds.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Happy Little Stampers Christmas.
    Regards,
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting really late this time, sorry! Wonderful job with both of your dry embossed designs -these couldn't be more perfect examples of CAS dry embossing with all that white space in both of your cards. I love the partial dry embossing and want to give it a go, it's a new technique for me! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting really late this time, sorry! Wonderful job with both of your dry embossed designs -these couldn't be more perfect examples of CAS dry embossing with all that white space in both of your cards. I love the partial dry embossing and want to give it a go, it's a new technique for me! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards, love the look of the partial embossing, haven't tried this but it looks so effective, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...