Saturday 1 July 2017

Honey, I Shrunk the Kit - July 2017

Good morning!

My fellow honeys and I have got together again and have been creating with another crafty bundle.  So, once again we bring you...



One of the gang puts together an envelope of the same secret crafty bits and sends it to each of us, and we then get creative with it. This time it was Hazel's turn to supply the kit.  The other fabulous honeys who take part are:


Sarah Platt - Sazzle Dazzle Crafts
Sarah Gray - Funky Fossil Designs
Shona Chambers - Twine Around
Anita Bowden - Neet & Crafty (That's me!)



Hazel named her kit 'Going Up' and this is the happy mail we received...





Kit contents:
Stamped images: Gerda Steiner Designs, STAMPlorations, Bella Stamps
Dies: MFT, Clearly Besotted, Spellbinders
Patterned paper: Stampin' Up!
Yellow twine and gems


I have five cards to share with you, and still have tonnes of bits and bobs left over to make more.  My cards this time are all very different, and I can't wait to see what the other honeys have created with the kit too :)


Card One


I coloured the koala images from the kit with ProMarkers and fussy cut them out.  I used a piece of cardstock die cut using Fluffy Cloud Borders by Lawn Fawn as a template to create a cloudy background on my card base blended with Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers.  I die cut a circle aperture from some green cardstock and stamped Clearly Besotted's Mini Leafy Accents in VersaMark around the aperture.  The koalas and green panel were adhered in place, and I then die cut two of the sentiments from the kit and adhered these on 3D foam.


Card Two


I covered my card base with a piece of blue patterned paper which has a mottled effect (it's been in my stash forever!), so I thought this would give a good impression of sky.  Along the base I added a piece of cardstock die cut using Fluffy Cloud Borders by Lawn Fawn, which I also stamped with a sentiment from Clearly Besotted's Shine Bright set.  The sun die from the kit I coloured by blending Distress Ink in Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade, and I adhered this to create a scene, along with the two die cut clouds, also from the kit.


Card Three


On a panel of white linen cardstock I lightly blended a background with Distress Inks in Wilted Violet and Mermaid Lagoon.  I then splattered with water to add some detail.  I took a butterfly and the 'make a wish' die cuts from the kit, sprinkled these with Brushos in Purple and Turquoise before spritzing with water and leaving to dry.  I adhered the die cuts to the linen panel and popped it up on fun foam, then finished by adding the gems from the kit to create the butterfly trail.


Card Four


I've not coloured with my ProMarkers for ages and certainly need more colours, as well as more practice!  I wanted to pair the girl image with the patterned paper in the kit so coloured her in some co-ordinating colours.  I adhered a strip of the balloon paper to the card base and overlaid two white panels popped up on foam, one stamped with a sentiment from Clearly Besotted's Sentimental Type set.  I fussy cut out the girl and adhered her across the panels.  I then finished off with one of the die cut balloons from the kit, blended with Peach Perfect ink by Altenew


Card Five


For my final card I wanted to use more of the die cut balloons from the kit.  I watercoloured these with Zig markers and I'm really pleased with the shading.  I gently blended some Milled Lavender Distress Ink through a Diagonal Stripes stencil by MFT to add some interest to the background.  I die cut the sentiment from the kit using a stitched oval die by Lil' Inkers.  All the elements were popped up on 3D foam but I felt it needed something more so I stamped the little star clusters from Uniko's Balloon Bash set in silver pigment ink.

Challenge entries:

CASology - Week 255 - Fly
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stencil It




So there you have it, five very diverse cards using different techniques too...go me! :D

I'm now off to have a mooch around my fellow honeys' blogs to see where this kit took them.  Follow the links above if you want to do the same.

I'll be back in a short while with the details of this coming week's challenge at Less is More.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you were certainly inspired by Hazel's fabby kit, Anita! I love the variety of cards that you have created with it :) That mottled blue paper makes a perfect sky....I was trying to work out how you had created the effect!! That koala is so lovely and the foliage you have used on the card base pulls it all together. Your watercolour butterfly looks very artsy and I really love the way that you used the balloon patterned paper behind the girl....I kept trying to think of how to use it but didn't come up with anything. The subtly shaded balloons on your last card have real dimension too. I was oooing and aahing as I scrolled down your post - thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT! 5 cards! You have too much time on your hands teamie!!!! LOL! What a fantastic bundle of yumminess with Hazel's kit. So many fabulous techniques, oozing colour and creativity right through ... so inspired now! Oh and I just knew your colouring would be perfect!!! What a sweet little scene and toning so well with the design paper. Enjoy your week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, so many amazing cards and so different from my own!! Absolutely love how you created the sky background behind the koala's and the green CS with the stamped leaves is such a cool idea!! How fab to find a use for some patterned paper, it really does look like the sky and love the clean, white die-cuts against it. I've never tried Brusho's but boy do they pack a punch with colour! Your butterfly and word dies look incredible and love how you have a soft background to match. I love these little girl stamps and she's coloured so perfectly. Fab way to use the patterned paper too. We had the same idea to oval die-cut the sentiment which is funny and I really like how you coloured the balloons with them lighter in the middle, has much more dimension than my own. You've totally done it again Anita, this was a fantastic kit and you totally made it shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Anita!! 5 cards!! I am super impressed, and they are all AMAZING! That idea to match the little girl's outfit with the balloons is a masterstroke! I wanted to use that balloon paper, but couldn't work out how! LOL! Totally going to CASE this idea! Loving that foliage behind the little koala too and looks so awesome tone-on-tone with the green base. Love all that texture on the butterfly, and teaming it with the linen cardstock is sublime. I love the variety of ways you showcase texture in your cards, Anita. The blue patterned paper 'sky' is perfect, and there I was thinking that you had sponged it. Speaking of texture - the diagonal lines behind those soaring balloons is perfection. The layout and stencilling expresses movement effortlessly. Love them all! Thank you so much for being a Honey Extraordinaire and playing cards with me this month :-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are so pretty, the brusho's look amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! What a fun kit you received from Hazel! I LOVE each and every card you made from your kit! I really adore your CASology card, the sentiment and the light, airy card base...perfectly paired with your balloons! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow five beautiful cards Anita! You really have been busy! Love them all! Thanks for sharing them wit us over at CASology! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous collection of cards, Anita! I especially love the last one with the soft stenciled background and the perfectly shaded balloons. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...