Saturday 13 May 2017

Less is More Week #328

Good morning!

It's new challenge time over at Less is More and if you're a regular LIMette then you'll probably know which week it is....One Layer week!  Yay....boooo!  haha   Whether you love it or it fills you with dread, hopefully you'll have a go.  Here is our theme for this week...




We also have a lovely Guest Designer joining us this week....Sue of Sue's Card Craft who was our lucky winner for March.  So please do pop over and say hi!

Right, onto my cards, and I have four for you this week!  First up is one that I think is a great masculine design, something I often struggle with but this came together really easily...



I simply stamped the diagonal stripes then overstamped the sentiment.  The dots were then stamped in pigment ink and I clear embossed them to add some shine.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Diagonal Stripes, Brushed Greetings II; MFT - Bokeh Builder
  • Ink: Versa Color - Sky Gray, Atlantic, Turquoise, Bamboo; Versafine - Onyx Black;
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #241 - Anything Goes




I little ombre stamping and masking on this one...



I used a recently purchased set from Clearly Besotted for this one.  I stamped the sentiment first to ensure I had enough room, then stamped the cup and saucer in two shades of orange to create some depth.  I stamped the steam and then masked the cup and saucer to stamp the stripes, again overstamping to create an ombre effect.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Warm Solutions, Basic Stripes
  • Ink: Altenew - Sunkissed, Orange Cream, Bamboo, Parrot, Olive, Moss, Limestone; Versafine - Onyx Black



Super simple stamping and masking for my third...



I started by stamping the dotty butterfly in the centre.  I then masked it and stamped the block of vertical stripes.  A little off-centre sentiment finished off this super simple card.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Butterfly Wishes III, Building Blocks
  • Ink: Versa Color - Lavender, Ash Rose; Versafine - Onyx Black



I stripe of dots and stripey score lines too...



I masked off a vertical strip and stamped the dots in three colours.  I then added double score lines either side (which I messed up as one isn't quite lined up as I wanted!)  Then a sentiment in black to finish.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: MFT - Bokeh Builder; Paper Smooches - Sentiment Sampler
  • Ink: Versa Color - Atlantic, Mint, Heliotrope; Versafine - Onyx Black




Thanks so much for visiting today.  One layer cards don't have to be difficult.  Apart from the tea card which took some time with multiple stamping and masking, the rest were pretty quick to create.  Just lately I've been overthinking my designs a little too much and trying too hard.  So this week I went completely back to basics and kept them really simple.

I hope you can find the time to play along this week :)

17 comments:

  1. Just brilliant teamie! 4 cards! What's going on ... time on your hands? LOL! Each one is just brilliant, masking perfection and one layer brilliance. An abundance of CBS and I had to smile that we've both used the same sets on your first one ... BUT in my defense I hadn't seen that beauty in advance! Have a good weekend and hope the aches have gone. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gallery of CAS-ilicious cards Anita! You have been so productive and it looks like taking that step back to basics really paid off even though you always produce amazing cards. I'm swooning at each one of these for their incredible CAS-ness. Really love your over stamping for the ombre effect technique - I may gave to pinch that idea some day ;-) Hope you had a good holiday week and that this coming week will be fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow brilliant collection, every time I saw one Im thinking ohh yes thats nice then scroll, ooooh theres more. Love them all, so eyecatching yet so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you have completely rocked the one layer cards and the theme this week, Anita! You may have gone back to basics but your designs are stunning! I love the way that these layouts can be used for lots of occasions too. Great masking on your tea cup and butterfly. I like that you stamped the sentiment first - I always forget to do that and then can't fit it on! Fab colours - fresh and fun. Have a wonderful weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this post was just filled with card eye candy!! If I were to choose a favorite, I think it's a tie between the tea cup card and the first, the masculine card -both are such great designs and I love your use of color in bot of these. The butterfly card is such a wonderful CAS design -I'm pinning this for future inspiration. You truly mastered this OLC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always make one layer cards and CAS cards look so effortlessly and you've done it again...Gorgeous cards x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Four fab cards, Anita. Love the colours and the scored stripes of your last one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...so many wonderful cards Anita! Love the gorgeous looks you created. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, such perfect cards for the challenge. Terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Anita. You have come up with four fantastic one layer cards. Very inspirational. I always struggle with OLC but you make it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great set of cards Neets, hope you have enjoyed your hols, despite the decorating!
    So pleased you joined us over at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so fab Anita! I love how you always come up with different designs but with a consistent stylish and beautifully laid out look <3 This week you've got some gorgeous muted colours going on which work perfectly with the busier lines of the stripes and dots. I particularly like the final card with the soft spots and embossed lines creating a really classy border. Fab! Enjoy the rest of the weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE these "simple" cards, Anita! Messed up? I thought that was a design element :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Anita ! What a fantastic bunch of cards and so much inspirational ! I love them all and you did so well going back to basic since they are a wonder of CAS examples ! I should follow your wise example ! I really love the masculine one, really perfect, it is so hard (for me !) to make them. Love also the colour combo of your last one, so joyful and I love the embossed lines ! Love the technique of the ombre effect ! WOW, so creative as usual ! Sorry for the late comment and have a beautiful week !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color scheme of that first card, Anita, and your creative use of dots for our challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely collection of cards but the tea one does it for me, especially the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great CAS cards here Anita,love them all equally 😀 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...