Monday 5 December 2016

Muse #195 - Butterfly Ribbon Birthday

Good afternoon, Crafters

As we're back to the first Monday of the month it's my turn to be your designer for this week's challenge over at Muse.

Hopefully you'll be able to take inspiration from some elements of my card this week, eg. the layout, the horizontal curve, the ombre colouring, the butterfly, inliad die cut, scripty sentiment.  Although it's very CAS hopefully you can draw some ideas from it.

I was itching to use this new die that I bought from the Sincerely Yours Papercraft Show last weekend.  As much as I desperately need to get more Christmas cards made this was a welcome break from the festive creations, and we always need birthday cards in our stash!



I started by die cutting the butterfly ribbon from a panel of white cardstock.  I then also die cut it from a panel that I'd blended with three Distress Inks.  I then just needed to slot them together.  I wanted to pop my panel up for some dimension which would mean the inlaid die would be floating so I slotted the three pieces together and used some sticky tape on the reverse to adhere the butterfly section to the white parts above and below.  Next I manipulated my sentiment stamp to follow the curve before stamping in black then used some 3D foam strips to adhere the panel to the card base.

Materials used:
  • Die: Poppy Stamps - Bellina Butterfly Ribbon
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Sweet Little Sentiments

Challenge entries:

Allsorts Challenge - Week #392 - CAS
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  If you have a chance between Christmas crafting and preparing for the big day I'd love for you to join in this week...or perhaps even change this up to suit a festive creation!


19 comments:

  1. Oh this is so pretty and fresh. Fabulous die and you have shown it off to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design. This card is really unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, your card is absolutely gorgeous, Anita! I love your inlaid butterfly and the pretty colors you chose for the curve...beautiful CAS design! I hope to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love how delicate that die looks. The colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! So clean, so simple, so elegant. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is beautiful. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card for our CAS theme at Allsorts this week, many thanks for joining in.

    I have a Tattered Lace Crossover machine to be won If you would like to join in here 

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this ribbon die and the way you have floated the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply CAS Beautiful, Creative and Trendy. TFS Anita. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card, love the touch of colour.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! The floating butterfly...swooning!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely and pretty card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts CAS week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anita... I love, love, love this card! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...